Our Favorite Recipes: Baked Cinnamon French Toast
Looking for the perfect Easter morning breakfast? This Baked Cinnamon French Toast is it!
Baked Cinnamon French Toast Ingredients
- 1 loaf crusty sourdough or French bread
- 8 whole eggs
- 2 c. whole milk
- 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 stick cold butter, cut into pieces
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with butter. Tear bread into chunks (or cut into cubes) and evenly distribute in the pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together eggs, milk, cream, sugar, and vanilla. Pour evenly over the bread. Cover tightly and store in the fridge for several hours or overnight.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add nutmeg if desired. Add butter pieces and cut them into the dry mixture until mixture resembles fine pebbles. Store in a Ziploc in the fridge.
- When you’re ready to bake the casserole, preheat oven to 350° F. Remove casserole from the fridge and sprinkle crumb mixture over the top. (If you’re using fruit, sprinkle on before the crumb mixture.) Bake for 45 minutes for a softer, more bread pudding texture. Bake 1 hour or more for a firmer, less liquid texture.
- Scoop out individual portions. Top with butter and drizzle with maple syrup.
We love sharing our team’s favorite recipes! Click here!
A little more about The Agent Insurance Services…
The Agent Insurance Services is a full-service independent insurance agency. This allows us the ability to offer a full range of protection such as home and auto insurance, commercial insurance, and life insurance to all of our clients. To put it simply, we make sure our clients have the same coverages we have. Why would you want anything less? Our exceptional team of “Protection Advisors” offers professional advice and service you can afford. Please call us and tell us what is important to you. We’ll do the rest.