This month’s recipe is brought to you by Lisa John – one of our incredible sales agents! Perfect for fall, this cinnamon apple pie is a family favorite. Don’t forget to serve it warm with vanilla ice cream!
Cinnamon Apple Pie Ingredients:
- 1 box prepared pie crust
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 8 cups Mcintosh apples (peeled and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar (reserved)
- Preheat the oven to 425-degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the apple pieces with the flour, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Let them sit while preparing the crust.
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate with one piece of the crust. Spoon the apple mixture into the pie plate. Cut the butter into small pieces and place on top of the pie.
- You can prepare your top crust however you like, but at a minimum, add a few slits to allow the steam to escape. You could also use a pie top cutters to create a design on top that will make your pies look very beautiful.
- Carefully add the top crust and pinch the edges to seal.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl. Brush the top of the pie with the egg wash, and use the egg wash to place any pieces of cut crust you have.
- Sprinkle the top of the pie crust with the reserved cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Put the pie on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Brush again with egg wash (if needed), and bake for another 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove to a cooling rack and let set for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired (but highly recommended!)
We love sharing our team’s favorite recipes! Want to see more? Click here!
A little more about The Agent Insurance Services…
The Agent Insurance Services is a full-service independent insurance agency. This allows us the ability to offer a full range of protection such as home and auto insurance, commercial insurance, and life insurance to all of our clients. To put it simply, we make sure our clients have the same coverages we have. Why would you want anything less? Our exceptional team of “Protection Advisors” offers professional advice and service you can afford. Please call us and tell us what is important to you. We’ll do the rest.