Our Favorite Recipes: Strawberry Ice Box Cake
This strawberry ice box cake is cool, refreshing and perfect for summer!
Strawberry Ice Box Cake Ingredients
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 40 graham cracker squares
- 2 lb. strawberries, sliced about 1/4 inch thick (about 6 cups)
- 3/4 sliced almonds (optional)
- Beat cream cheese in a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar; beat until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add 1 cup of the heavy cream and beat at low speed until smooth. Add the remaining 2 cups of cream; beat at medium to medium-high speed until soft peaks form, increasing speed as the mixture begins to thicken. Fold in the vanilla and lemon zest.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the cream mixture into the bottom of a 9-by-9-inch pan or baking dish; spread into a thin, even layer.
- Top with graham crackers in a single, even layer, breaking them as needed to fit. Spread about 1 1/2 cups of the cream mixture over the graham crackers, smoothing into an even layer using a spoon or offset spatula. Top the cream mixture with an even layer of berries (about 1 1/2 cups). Sprinkle evenly with 1/4 cup almonds, if using.
- Repeat two more times with the remaining graham crackers, cream mixture, berries, and almonds.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least four hours and up to overnight.
We love sharing our team’s favorite recipes! Click here!
A little more about The Agent Insurance Services…
The Agent Insurance Services is a full-service independent insurance agency. This allows us the ability to offer a full range of protection such as home and auto insurance, commercial insurance, and life insurance to all of our clients. To put it simply, we make sure our clients have the same coverages we have. Why would you want anything less? Our exceptional team of “Protection Advisors” offers professional advice and service you can afford. Please call us and tell us what is important to you. We’ll do the rest.